Thursday, July 11, 2019
Account director: Leader. Client strategist. Exceeding expectations. Continually focused on pushing their brands further.
The Account Director provides senior-level leadership and guidance, both with clients and the agency’s internal teams. This seasoned professional must be comfortable and accustomed to delivering outstanding strategic, results-driven creative work in a demanding, fast-paced agency environment.
2e clients are assigned to account teams based on capacity, expertise and personal compatibility. Once a client is assigned, the Account Director is responsible for being that client’s “navigator” in deploying 2e Creative’s services to maximum benefit. The Account Director must be intimately familiar with the client’s need and budgets, and with all of 2e Creative’s service areas; and how to engage each in an integrated, seamless marketing plan.
The Account Director has responsibility in three broad areas:
- Responsibility to the client for adding value to their organization through the services 2e provides.
- Responsibility to 2e for developing, maintaining and expanding profitable client relationships consistent with our corporate mission and core values.
- Responsibility to team members for their professional success, development and happiness.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of clients’ business and industry and grow relationships with senior-level clients to maintain, exceed and anticipate expectations and pioneer new ideas.
- In conjunction with Strategy, live and breathe the clients’ business objectives, customer insights, and 2e Creative’s capabilities to develop strategic and forward-thinking marketing plans and tactics. Must also be able to effectively and efficiently defend agency work and persuade clients to embrace it.
- Lead the Account Service team, in collaboration with other internal teams, to deliver exceptional work to 2e Creative’s clients, on time and on budget.
- Partnered with a Creative Director, oversee the larger team workflow and project plans to ensure 2e Creative meets or exceeds deadlines and quality of work.
- Directly responsible for any escalated client issues and define appropriate responses.
- Accountability for and direct management of an account team consisting of an appropriate number of Account Executives and Account Coordinators based on the assigned client accounts.
- Conduct performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Aid in resource management to make sure team is fully utilized but not over-extended.
- Identify potential and assist with career development.
- Responsible for meeting annual financial and utilization objectives as outlined by 2e Creative leadership.
- Guide the account to manage project profitability and drive topline revenue growth.
- In addition to profitably servicing existing relationships, the Account Director is expected to cultivate relationships with high-level client leaders and act as a liaison with 2e leadership to expand 2e’s reach within our clients’ organizations.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant agency or client-side experience with at least 3 years in a managerial role: demonstrate an understanding of advertising (traditional and digital), paid and social media, creative, production, and finance
- BA required with a preferred concentration in advertising, communications or marketing
- Knowledge of and/or experience with pharmaceutical and healthcare industries are a plus
- Must be able to balance the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work
- Ability to understand and synthesize client marketing objectives
- Ability to manage many different moving parts with a proactive and positive solution-oriented approach
- Must be highly motivated and organized, as well as a resourceful and pro-active problem-solver
- Flexible, collaborative leader with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a unique desire to learn, be challenged to think strategically, and develop and defend your POV, all while on your toes.
Sound like you? Send your resume to Jobs@2eCreative.com.